In this tutorial you are going to see how to add Video in Shotcut video editor.
Create a new project-
Before we add a new video we need to create a new project so in new project select location to keep your project. Then give it a suitable name and select video mode.(video resolution) And click on start button. Project name will appear on the left corner of title bar.
There are four ways to do that.
1) Click on file menu click on open file, go to the folder where you kept the videos / images click on the name of it and click on open button. The video will start to play in source preview panel.
2) Click on open file button on toolbar, go to the folder where you kept the videos / images click on the name of it and click on open button.
3) Hit Ctrl+O key on keyboard to open the open file dialog box.
4) Or open the folder where you kept your videos / images and drag and drop the video directly in shotcut.
Zoom in /out –
To zoom in or out in video use toggle zoom option below preview window.
Add to playlist-
To edit the clip first we need to add it to playlist for that click on add the source to the playlist button, which is below the playlist (plus sign icon)
Add it on timeline-
There are two was for it.
1) You can drag & drop the video on timeline. This will add video track automatically
2) Click on display additional actions button and click on add video track, now drag and drop the video clip from playlist on video track.
Click on the play button to check the clip.
Thanks for visiting, if you like the post do share it with others and if you have any question/suggestion do post it in comments.