How To Install Kdenlive On Windows / Linux
Now we are going to see how to install Kdenlive video editor on two major operating systems. There are different ways to do that so let’s see them one by one.
Watch Video Tutorial Here
All Written Tutorials On Kdenlive Here
All Video Tutorials On Kdenlive Here
Install Kdenlive On Linux
1.Install Kdenlive Using Snap
The easiest way to install Kdenlive on Ubuntu is using snap store. These are the packages which belong to snap store. To install Kdenlive using Snap open terminal window and type following command and hit enter key on keyboard
$ sudo snap install kdenlive
2.Using The PPA Repository
If you don’t want to install it via snap then you can install kdenlive using PPA repository. To do this open the terminal window and enter following command & hit enter key on keyboard.
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kdenlive/kdenlive-stable
If you are someone like me who doesn’t like to use terminal window to install things. Then installing it via AppImage is the best way. For this you will need to go to kdenlive.org website. Go to download page and here click on AppImage option immidiately it will begin download process.
Once download is complete go to the folder where you have downloaded the software. Open terminal window in that directory and enter following command to turn the appimage into executable.
$ chmod +x ./*.appimage
Double click on the appimage to start the applicaiton.
Or go to the folder where you have downloaded the appimage right click on it. Click on properties. Now click on permissions tab. Check the checkbox allow executing file as a program and click on close button. Double click on appimage icon to start it.
Watch video tutorial here
Install Kdenlive On Windows
- Manual Method
- Go to the Kdenlive.org download page.
- Click on windows install option.
- Select save (to save it to your downloads folder) or save as(to save it on other location on computer) to download the application to your computer.
- After download completes go to the folder where you have downloaded the application. Double click on it to begin the installation process.
- Follow the onscreen instructions till the end.
- After successfull installation you will get the Kdenlive icon on your desktop
- Double click on the icon to start the application
2. Windows Store
As you know you can install so many apps via windows store. You can install Kdenlive too. Let’s see how
- Open windows store – To open windows store click on that shopping bag icon on taskbar
- Find the app – In search box enter Kdenlive
- Install the app – If you find the app in windows store you can see free or paid button. Click on it to begin installation. Once installation complete you can open the app
Read all tutorials on Kdenlive here